The Province of Hainaut, located between Lille and Brussels, has everything you need for an original event: business hotels, high-tech conference centres, old or converted industrial heritage sites...
Hainaut is a dynamic and creative region boasting several records: the highest boat lift in the world, the biggest lake in Belgium, the largest concentration of UNESCO sites in Belgium!
Some of its hotspots include:
- Mons: European Capital of Culture in 2015, with a hyper-modern conference centre (the Wallonia Conference Center Mons designed by the New York architect Libeskind) and a wide range of museums in its cosy historical city centre.
- Charleroi: a surprising stopover. This city is a textbook example of the urban and cultural regeneration processes that are currently underway in the great post-industrial cities of the 21st century. Its greatest asset? An alternative culture.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift: a meeting at the top of the highest boat lift in the world!? Check!
- The Bois du Cazier: a jewel of industrial heritage, this former mining site is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The SPARKOH! scientific adventure park and its Silo business district; the architect Jean Nouvel has cleverly given this former coal mine a new lease of life.
- Incentives in the region’s vineyards: the Chant d’Eole estate, the Agaises vineyard...
Contact Hainaut Meetings & Events for assistance in exploring the wonderful Region of Hainaut.
For more information:
Rue des Clercs 31
7000 Mons (Belgium)
Tel.: +32 (0)65 39 75 66